Thursday, February 5, 2009

Because I swear, I AM working on Artomatic stuff. I feel compelled to post photos, which compels me to actually complete works. I'm finding along the way that opposed to my previous Artomatic display, I'm having a REALLY hard time reigning in the direction of where this needs to go. Fortunately, I have a ton more time. For Artomatic 1, I created every piece I showed in literally a week. I was unemployed, and I painted/etc from the moment I got up until I went to sleep. My whole display was Dia Los Muertos, so I had the luxury of throwing pretty much any item in it, as long as it held that Mexican folk art aesthetic. Nooooooooowwwww. Yeah. I have no idea where I'm going with this for Artomatic 3, and I'm really trying to put a lasso on it. I figure I'm just going to create create create from now until then, and once it's time to install I'll edit and choose my best and most relevant pieces. Anyways,


Tiny little plaster plaques. They're about 3-4" tall. They kind of suck to base coat, but they're going to be pretty rad when I'm finished. Little quickie pieces, but still pretty fufilling.



Ughhhhhh I'm so in love with this piece already. I've had it in my sketchbook for awhile and it's going to be one of those that I'll probably never even put up for sale cause I'm in love with its tiny cuteness. I'm torn on one little cherry on top element of it....I'm afraid it might be *too* much...but luckily it's the last thing I would have to add on, so I'll be able to see it all finished and decide if I want to go there.



This little dude was finished a couple months ago. Did I mention a feedback I got on Etsy? I sold a shrine like a month ago, and the buyer commented it was one of the best executions of a matchbox shrine that they'd ever seen. Score!



Again, one that I might not be able to sell because I'm so tickled with it. Honestly, it may just be this color palette.



Oldie, but still a love. I think it needs a zebra print ribbon bow in one corner to finish it?





So yeah. I understand that's kind of a cop-out, because I'm posted finished works that I didn't just complete like...three seconds ago...but still...I finally posted art on an art blog! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment